All you need to just take out your phone and search on the web. It just takes a few minutes to get your problem solved. But what matters most today is the kind of mobile experience or web experience that users are looking for.
Mobile websites or PWAs not only streamlines your business or gives you a seamless customer experience but also give a competitive advantage over others. Inspiring, isn’t it? Yes, we are talking about none other than custom web apps.
The mobile app industry is rapidly growing fast today. Year by Year, people are investing more time on mobile devices to access the internet.
People consume around 2x the amount of content on mobile devices to access the internet in the world today.
Website owners should be excited about this prospect in 2019 as the opportunity to reach these mobile users is still is getting bigger.
As the number of mobile consumers rises, it is expected that almost 54% of e-commerce sales by 2021 will happen on mobile instead of traditional websites.
Read also: Battle of the Mobile App Frameworks – React Native vs Native
Progressive Web Apps: A Brief Description
Progressive Web Apps are also known as PWAs. It is an advanced form of responsive websites that behaves like native apps or mobile apps. PWAs cater web pages in a user’s browser seamlessly so they can have a mobile app-life experience.
PWAs have an app like UX, delivered through the web with advanced technologies to optimize the user experience. It is midway between mobile websites and mobile apps.
PWAs are dynamic and can be personalized according to user’s needs like push notification, option to enable locations, camera access, and even the ability to add the mobile experience to your home screen.
Google defines PWAs as web experiences that are:
- Reliable – Load instantly and never show a website as being down, even in uncertain network conditions.
- Fast – Respond quickly to user interactions and no irrelevant scrolling.
- Engaging – Feel like a natural app on the device, with immersive user experience.
Read also: What Is Best for You: Mobile Website or Responsive Design?
A Close Look At Mobile Websites
Mobile Websites are responsive websites designed specifically for mobile phones. It automatically scales to fit the screen size of your viewers’ device. They often live under a separate URL and are completely distinct from the full site.
They are often contrasted with responsive sites, which typically contain the same content and functionality for mobile and desktop, but rearrange these features on mobile.
Responsive web design is becoming the new standard for websites that are not only mobile-friendly, but that can scale to any sized device -from desktop down to tablet and handheld smartphones.
Difference between Mobile Websites and PWAs
Mobile websites have the same functionality as the progressive web apps other than the scale of a site. So, you’re wondering how PWA is different from mobile websites. Aren’t they just website too? The webpage is just the beginning of PWAs, and where it’s separated from responsive web apps is in its functionality. The more you involve in the functionality layer of progressive web apps the more you get the feeling like native apps and easily differentiate responsive web.
PWAs are dynamic and can be personalized according to user’s needs like push notification, option to enable locations, camera access, etc.
You don’t have to download PWAs, with Google’s full support of PWAs, they’re accessible through the google or add home screen icon directly through Android.
Let’s see how PWAs are different from mobile websites.
The major difference between progressive web apps and mobile websites is to push notification. The progressive web apps ask users to subscribe to notifications. Once the user subscribed, they get a subscription ID where each push notification of every user is unique. Lyft is a great example of how PWA uses push notification to maximize its potential. PWAs permit users to automatically enable push notification to ease in having a great customer experience.
Add to Home screen
PWAs can live directly onto your phone screen with just a home screen icon. Android users directly get home screen icons of PWAs while iPhone users get this icon after using Safari’s “Add to home screen” features. Adding to the home screen icon is just like adding icing on the cake to PWAs.
Read also: Which Mobile Platform Startups Should Choose In 2020: Android Or iOS?
Higher Loading Speed
PWAs are using “App Shell” comprising the code that got cached to your mobile when you load it to the first time and then it can be subsequently run, making it much faster and feel like a real app. As the content are already in cached so it makes it possible for PWA to run in offline mode as well.
Unlike a mobile website, the responsive design of PWAs makes capable it to run any type of device. Also, you don’t need to develop separate coding for the platform (Android, iOS, web).
Tonnes of big brand companies like Flipkart, Lyft, Twitter, Starbucks have already adopted PWAs. PWAs have all the functionality like mobile websites and the opportunities are endless.
In the battle of progressive web apps and mobile websites, no one is the winner. Both technologies have their pros and cons and you have to decide which technologies are right for your business requirements. For seamless mobile experience, you must choose the progressive web apps and if you’re looking to increase site speed and availability for most users, mobile websites might be the better choice.
If you want to offer a seamless mobile experience to your customers, you can even outsource product development to third-party providers that can help you develop your product (web or app) in a fast and efficient manner.
Are you having an incredible app idea in your mind? But what to do next? There are many questions to be answered before going further into the app development process.
Coming up with an app idea might be tricky, but figuring out what to do next is the hardest part.
In this competitive world, you need to consider every step required to reach your end-customers and at the same time fulfilling their requirements.
Let’s discuss how a mind-blowing idea can transform into a promising project. In this article, we are going to discuss how to sell your idea (market your app) so that it benefits you with a good amount.
Here are some points to be clarified before doing mobile app development:
- What will your applications do? So, here you need to be clear about the functionalities and services your app is going to deliver to the end-users. Say, Whatsapp provides communication between users, and Instagram allows creating posts based on images.
- How will your application look? Here we talk about the interface (UI/UX) of the application. You should be clear what you want to showcase to the end-users so that they can visit your app regularly.
- What is your target audience? Be clear about your targeted audience? What kind of personas are going to visit your app?
The detailed answers to these questions will help you cultivate your ideas into a concrete plan.
App Annie forecasts that the app industry is estimated to hit 6 billion dollars by the year 2022
Let’s dive into what to do next…
A prototype of your app idea
The accumulated data help you proceed in the next stage that is making a prototype of your basic idea.
The conceptual prototype consists of future app screens that should be created in the early stages of product development. It’s required for more accurate visualization of great ideas for mobile apps.
The animated prototype makes the UI/UX designer think over and carefully visualizes the process of the program of interaction with the user.
All in all, prototyping is multifaceted and required at the very first stage of generating Android and iphone app ideas. The prototypes serve different goals but at the end serve the common purpose that is to improve the success of your app idea.
Considering business aspects
Prototype creation is not enough. The next step is to consider business aspects that affect the mobile app profit margins in the market. So, for this here are few points to be considered first.
- Evaluation of the time and cost of developing the first version of the application
- Assessment of the time and cost of implementation of the stable app version.
- Ways to promote your mobile application
- Financial plan and estimation of the time required to return the investments
The business plan is all set up, it’s time to search for investors. Let’s see how we find investments in the next step.
The reason behind some people cannot bring their great app ideas into the picture is the lack of funds. Hire mobile app developers, testers, deploying an application and promoting is expensive. In this case, collecting a necessary development budget can be a difficult task.
For investing, you can choose among the various options i.e. Personal savings, on credit, search investors in the market, look out for a partner if anyone interested in your project, collect funds through contests and search for crowdfunding platforms( Kickstarter, Boomstarter, Zidisha, Indiegogo)
Think about marketing
The promotion of a new product in the rapidly growing market is extremely necessary, as the world is full of competitors. Many successful apps are dominating the market right now.
Different ways to launch your app are:
Pre-marketing-it is to start an advertisement launch with the start of application development.
Launching an advertising- landing page showcasing all the unique offers, benefits, and call to action can be helpful.
SEO Traffic and Paid ads-helps you increase app recognition and help you to attract the target audience and stay at the top.
Social Networks- helps share your app on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other networks.
Build an MVP
If you want a smarter app and faster results, start developing an MVP model.
MVP approach permits you to develop an affordable model of the app and analyzes the end-user responses. MVP model is a good option to save your money and time and also customer feedback time-to-time.
MVP model facilitates you to do simultaneous changes by analysing users feedback. It helps you to understand what your end-users want in your app and also the loop holes required to rectify in the app.
Measuring success with mobile app metrics
Now it’s time to measure your success with mobile app metrics. Before that, let’s see how mobile applications work:
People download apps-
If people like it, they start using it from time-to-time and if they don’t they immediately delete it.
But if people truly like the application, he becomes an active and loyal user and also contributes to the program monetization.
Performance metrics like User engagement, user retention, user activity rates are to be considered for evaluating user’s responses.
That’s all about mobile app performance metrics.
Your app idea can be a big hit if the process of mobile app development can be done in the right direction. For making a wonderful app you need to be patient enough to understand user requirements and their behaviour. Competitors in the market are set to compete with your idea. There is a big space available for you in the market for proving your capability of doing things the best way, all you need is just a great idea.
Classic Informatics helps you in transforming great app ideas into high-quality apps. Just send us your requirements and get ready for the miracle to happen.
An API or Application Programming Interface, which is a cutting-edge discovery in this fast-paced tech-savvy world facilitates the smooth running of e-commerce functionalities. API works as a software mediator or a communicative interface between two applications. It can be called a convenient digital walkie talkie as well.
API development services come in handy to effectively transmit the request from the user to the provider and then to record the response for the purpose of relaying it to the user. You can approach a web development company to get complete assistance and enjoy the benefits of API development.
- APIs can also be labeled as a go-to, super resourceful assistant for the developers as they provide outstanding help in speeding the process of application development.
- API involves a productive technology that renders a complicated nexus of recurrent process reusable with the backing of systematized coding.
- This extendable and flexible storehouse of useful data also aids in user accessibility by easing connectivity among systems which in turn helps in various processes like online shopping or online flight booking.
- In other words, it contributes to establishing a hotline between the airline’s API and the online travel service or website chosen by the user which in turn guides all the procedures involved starting from seat selection to booking and payment.
Protective measures that must be implemented to avoid failing at API stage:
- In order to ensure a long term and successful performance of your web or mobile application, a foolproof and strategic methodology of API development is absolutely indispensable as a safety net to avoid putting stability in jeopardy.
- This should include enhancing and the maintainability of the automation framework by reinforcing the core strength. This can be achieved using resources like application updates of the company, new features, Ul uplifts, and the unrivaled knowledgebase/skillsets of the experienced creators of the system. This will ensure more lucrative results without a lumpsum investment.
- The API support team must also be brought on board to up the security along with the inclusion of multiple server environments.
- The blueprint for the manufacture of a cost-effective and hassle-free API constitution must involve a clarified understanding of business objectives and demands of the prospective users which must be in tandem with the automation of mobile app testing and deployment.
- The use of standardized conventions will fortify potent profitability as the developers will take the time and effort beforehand to get to the heart of the problem. This will involve chalking out the symbiotic interrelations between the database entities which constitute the anatomy of APIs.
- The addition of virtual APIs to your web development to the test regime can help in the smooth successful operation and it also prepares you to cope with the problem of failing APIs. For example, by giving the users options of a longer wait period and trying out again later in case of repeated failures with the assurance that all the useful data has been cached in temporary storage for future retrieval.
- To doubly assure the reliable performance of APIs without arbitrary glitches, the use of the consistent format of error responses and the appropriate HTTP status codes is mandatory.
- The clients, namely the business investors, will be encouraged to invest as there will be no scope for a shoddy design to incur losses by hindering the developmental progress of a project which will also go on to mitigate the extra stress of troubleshooting procedures.
Why do APIs fail:
- Non-updated APIs, due to their non-compatibility with the current version of the program, will interrupt the seamless operation of the application which will further lead to faulty outsourcing of data with disagreeable configurations. Even the incorporation of backward compatibility fails to combat this problem in some cases.
- The erratic transfer of control from a group of experienced consultants/full-time mobile app developers to junior engineers can thwart the longevity of quality assurance promise by putting the health of API at risk which in turn runs the unavoidable risk of inconveniencing the consumers.
- Lack of accountability, responsibility, understanding of the consumer’s feedbacks/needs in relation to the specified tangible product after thorough market research and a watertight navigation manual to construct a crackerjack infrastructure. This can only be made possible by the presence of a tightly knit work efficient group under the expert leadership, training, mentoring and code reviewing program executed by an experienced leader. These leaders need to prudentially enforce all the necessary actions needed to anticipate and tactfully tackle the aberration of the system healthy.
- An API can also start to malfunction when the data connection has incongruent formatting both in terms of the API and the other program. The damage can further be aggravated if the other program fails to generate an error code which does not give any leeway to diagnose and redress the problem. This is why validation of data, strict filtering out of useless junks and a persuasive checking for type and formatting slip-ups is extremely essential.
- A sudden problem can be encountered in the running of the communication portal which is usually contingent upon a matrix of cloud-based servers due to timeouts or clogged traffic caused by too many requests. Immaculate redirection might not always be present as a savior to promptly lead you to an alternative address. Problems with security certificates or other credentials and DDoS attacks can lead to a non-responsive API which in turn can hijack the proper functioning of application programs.
How To Find Success In API Stage
In order to present a detailed and comprehensive overview of API development company or services, here’s a list of some salient points which will enable the readers to have a quick rundown on the essential features of API:
- APIs have been a pioneering invention in recent times which have been specially designed to further boost up the administration of business in smart tech and sleekly digitized world.
- It is inconceivable to function without accessing the well-developed mobile apps, which has made life simpler by catering to various mundane needs like ordering food or booking flight tickets and APIs serve as the fundamental components for their efficacious operation.
- Although there can be chances of courting technical impediments, they can be successfully avoided or minimized by undertaking certain precautionary mechanisms to curb the loopholes in the automation framework and earn the thriving rewards of consumer satisfaction.
API integration can enable you to make two of your applications interact and share data for better client-side app development. It acts as the intermediary between two apps, takes the data, interprets it, and sends it to the other app. By having a fail-proof API stage, you can ensure your application runs smoothly, is modern and fully secure from all the bugs online.