An API or Application Programming Interface, which is a cutting-edge discovery in this fast-paced tech-savvy world facilitates the smooth running of e-commerce functionalities. API works as a software mediator or a communicative interface between two applications. It can be called a convenient digital walkie talkie as well.
API development services come in handy to effectively transmit the request from the user to the provider and then to record the response for the purpose of relaying it to the user. You can approach a web development company to get complete assistance and enjoy the benefits of API development.
- APIs can also be labeled as a go-to, super resourceful assistant for the developers as they provide outstanding help in speeding the process of application development.
- API involves a productive technology that renders a complicated nexus of recurrent process reusable with the backing of systematized coding.
- This extendable and flexible storehouse of useful data also aids in user accessibility by easing connectivity among systems which in turn helps in various processes like online shopping or online flight booking.
- In other words, it contributes to establishing a hotline between the airline’s API and the online travel service or website chosen by the user which in turn guides all the procedures involved starting from seat selection to booking and payment.
Protective measures that must be implemented to avoid failing at API stage:
- In order to ensure a long term and successful performance of your web or mobile application, a foolproof and strategic methodology of API development is absolutely indispensable as a safety net to avoid putting stability in jeopardy.
- This should include enhancing and the maintainability of the automation framework by reinforcing the core strength. This can be achieved using resources like application updates of the company, new features, Ul uplifts, and the unrivaled knowledgebase/skillsets of the experienced creators of the system. This will ensure more lucrative results without a lumpsum investment.
- The API support team must also be brought on board to up the security along with the inclusion of multiple server environments.
- The blueprint for the manufacture of a cost-effective and hassle-free API constitution must involve a clarified understanding of business objectives and demands of the prospective users which must be in tandem with the automation of mobile app testing and deployment.
- The use of standardized conventions will fortify potent profitability as the developers will take the time and effort beforehand to get to the heart of the problem. This will involve chalking out the symbiotic interrelations between the database entities which constitute the anatomy of APIs.
- The addition of virtual APIs to your web development to the test regime can help in the smooth successful operation and it also prepares you to cope with the problem of failing APIs. For example, by giving the users options of a longer wait period and trying out again later in case of repeated failures with the assurance that all the useful data has been cached in temporary storage for future retrieval.
- To doubly assure the reliable performance of APIs without arbitrary glitches, the use of the consistent format of error responses and the appropriate HTTP status codes is mandatory.
- The clients, namely the business investors, will be encouraged to invest as there will be no scope for a shoddy design to incur losses by hindering the developmental progress of a project which will also go on to mitigate the extra stress of troubleshooting procedures.
Why do APIs fail:
- Non-updated APIs, due to their non-compatibility with the current version of the program, will interrupt the seamless operation of the application which will further lead to faulty outsourcing of data with disagreeable configurations. Even the incorporation of backward compatibility fails to combat this problem in some cases.
- The erratic transfer of control from a group of experienced consultants/full-time mobile app developers to junior engineers can thwart the longevity of quality assurance promise by putting the health of API at risk which in turn runs the unavoidable risk of inconveniencing the consumers.
- Lack of accountability, responsibility, understanding of the consumer’s feedbacks/needs in relation to the specified tangible product after thorough market research and a watertight navigation manual to construct a crackerjack infrastructure. This can only be made possible by the presence of a tightly knit work efficient group under the expert leadership, training, mentoring and code reviewing program executed by an experienced leader. These leaders need to prudentially enforce all the necessary actions needed to anticipate and tactfully tackle the aberration of the system healthy.
- An API can also start to malfunction when the data connection has incongruent formatting both in terms of the API and the other program. The damage can further be aggravated if the other program fails to generate an error code which does not give any leeway to diagnose and redress the problem. This is why validation of data, strict filtering out of useless junks and a persuasive checking for type and formatting slip-ups is extremely essential.
- A sudden problem can be encountered in the running of the communication portal which is usually contingent upon a matrix of cloud-based servers due to timeouts or clogged traffic caused by too many requests. Immaculate redirection might not always be present as a savior to promptly lead you to an alternative address. Problems with security certificates or other credentials and DDoS attacks can lead to a non-responsive API which in turn can hijack the proper functioning of application programs.
How To Find Success In API Stage
In order to present a detailed and comprehensive overview of API development company or services, here’s a list of some salient points which will enable the readers to have a quick rundown on the essential features of API:
- APIs have been a pioneering invention in recent times which have been specially designed to further boost up the administration of business in smart tech and sleekly digitized world.
- It is inconceivable to function without accessing the well-developed mobile apps, which has made life simpler by catering to various mundane needs like ordering food or booking flight tickets and APIs serve as the fundamental components for their efficacious operation.
- Although there can be chances of courting technical impediments, they can be successfully avoided or minimized by undertaking certain precautionary mechanisms to curb the loopholes in the automation framework and earn the thriving rewards of consumer satisfaction.
API integration can enable you to make two of your applications interact and share data for better client-side app development. It acts as the intermediary between two apps, takes the data, interprets it, and sends it to the other app. By having a fail-proof API stage, you can ensure your application runs smoothly, is modern and fully secure from all the bugs online.
Technology is evolving at a breathtaking pace.
Every month we witness one techno-innovation or the other that overwhelms us, leaving us with a wide spectrum of applications that might have been super-essential some time ago but are nothing short of a legacy burden now. Sadly the overwhelming number of such systems and the budget devoted to them make us think twice before discarding them completely.
This is where legacy system modernisation comes into play.
Outmoded systems, whether they are a couple years old or belonging to the past decade, can be upgraded using such top class modernisation services. Whether you want to move to the Cloud/SaaS model, micro services architecture or get the systems fully re-engineered, legacy system modernisation can help you be in sync with the current technology trend.
These alluring services are tempting enough to avail, but seeing how time-consuming and costly this affair is, we cannot fully jump into this process without knowing whether our systems actually need modernisation or are old-enough to be discarded. Spending your fortune on nothing doesn’t really make sense.
Hence, we bring you this list. Developed using our years of expertise in the field, these points have helped a lot of different organisations ferret out the legacy systems that need a makeover!
10 Telltale Signs that your Legacy System Needs Modernisation
1. Performance Issues (Slow and cumbersome)
Probably the first thing that makes you feel like ‘Yes, it’s time for a system up-gradation’.
In this 5G world, slow systems add on to your already high work pressure. Even a minute lost could cost us a lot. Imagine frequent hanging of applications when you are conducting a transaction worth millions. Frustrating, right?
If your system is dead slow and faces multiple glitches while working and has been such since long, it’s safe to say that it is asking for an up gradation.
Quality issues can be a challenge and can be corrected with quality management and testing, but if you pride your systems for their supreme quality, you might have to get them re-engineered for an improved performance and efficiency.
2. 3rd Party Software Support Failure
Dependency is not a bad thing, but if it directly affects the working of your software, you might want to re-think. Many organisations rely on the third-party software to run effectively and thus, face the huge risk of falling if the vendor is slacking on timely maintenance and updates.
Things get worse if your provider company gets trapped in an unavoidable situation, like an acquisition or merger. They will undoubtedly face a huge shift in their company policies, and chances of them terminating the software support are pretty high.
This is the cue for you to reconsider your service provider, frankly.
3. Device Dependent & Immobile Systems
If your software is incapable of being accessed from anywhere but the device it is installed in, you might want to get it upgraded. Immobility is just not an option in this highly competitive world. On-premise software is good, but it lacks the dynamics of a cloud-based system.
In fact, just introducing yourself to enterprise mobility strategy can help you increase your organisation efficiency to multiple folds. Give your legacy applications a mobile touch, if you can’t implement a full-blown modernisation framework.
4. Incompatibility with the Modern Software
There are loads of integration challenges associated with SAAS/Cloud up gradation.
Compatibility matters a lot, whether it’s personal, or well, technical. Most of the old systems don’t accept such changes easily and need a number of customisations to have new tools work effectively on them. You might want to reconsider spending a hefty amount on them.
For a smooth business process, assure the tools you are trying to adapt integrates with your legacy software without glitches.
5. Difficulty in Getting Required Skilled Labor for your Systems
Before the much-required technology boom, the software systems required a really high-skilled workforce that could handle the complicated systems aptly. However, hiring such years-trained labor for our legacy systems in today’s time is like searching water in a desert, possible but pretty challenging and expensive.
This reason should be enough for you to adopt system modernisation. If you hire inexperienced staff to make the outdated system somehow, it might affect your organisation’s efficiency.
6. They No Longer Meet your Requirements
Quite obviously, why would you want to keep a software in its native state if it no longer meets your requirements? It might have been a lifesaver back in the days, but you need to move on now or it may cost you revenue and efficiency. Typewriters and cordless phones are nice but smartphones are nicer.
7. Nonscalable and Inflexible Systems that are a Hindrance to Business Growth
We would definitely not want to keep a system or a software that is highly stiff and not scalable and cannot keep up with the constantly evolving business atmosphere. They might keep you back from increasing your ROI, being a hindrance to your growth.
You have two options now. You can either completely discard them or make them go through a legacy modernisation.
8. Weaving Value additions is almost Impossible
As explained above, legacy applications pose the biggest challenge in terms of flexibility and adaptability. Such systems might refuse to take up any value additions other than their core functionality, whether it is due to the outdated technology stack or a complicated architecture.
If your system requires more time and effort to adapt, it’s time for you to avail legacy modernisation.
9. Are Vulnerable to Cyber Security Breaches
Cyber breaches are increasing at a rapid pace, to nobody’s surprise. And more often than not, old and outdated systems are the ones that fall into the hacker’s trap easily. Old encryption algorithms can no longer help you protect your beloved systems, and you might find difficulty in looking for updated security patches for them.
10. High Operating & Maintenance Costs
All the points mentioned above can truly tell you how expensive keeping legacy systems in their native state could be. Add in maintenance and operating costs and game becomes even more challenging.
In clear words, if you have difficulty in operating your software and keeping it running at all times, you might want to adopt legacy system modernisation.
It is a given that running your business on such out-of-date legacy systems can lead you nowhere. They hardly contribute to ROI and even take up precious office space to no avail. Hence, legacy system modernisation is an important part of any organisation. Implement it well and you will be able to mitigate business risks effectively.
|1. Predicting upcoming trends in web development 20161.1.Background images
1.2.Card based design
1.3.Digital first branding
Web development has entered into an exciting phase as it enters 2016. It is going through a complete makeover and hence it becomes interesting to predict what awaits us in 2016. As time rides by, a lot of visual information and graphic appeal becomes defunct. So what would stay and to what shall we bid farewell remains an important question at this juncture? What are we looking forward to then in terms of look, content, branding and data management? Seems like 2016 is the year when a lot of elements of the webpage shall see the new and bury the old. Lets run over the contents quickly.
Website speed and performance have become one of the primary factors as we approach 2016. With internet spreading across the globe and reaching out to the remotest corners of the planet, the web is being served on portable platforms. High quality background images are going to be a matter of the past. Innovations in typography are expected as they will be required to replace the background images. So say hello to your blank background and say yes to speed, better performance and better text.
This brings us to the point of the “almost flat design approach”. It is not that it is a new trend for background images to take the backseat – we have been gradually reaching this point over some good period of time. The following image illustrates the almost flat design approach. In this, the idea of a complete flat design is negated by using depth to elements to create a sort of balance and appeal.
Back in 2014, high quality images were the trend and it had gained its share of popularity only to take the downfall in 2015. By 2016, we expect the same trend to continue.
|What stays? - Innovative typography
– Interesting illustrations
– Almost flat design
|What Goes? - High quality background images
– Flat design
– Huge size content
The card based design is indeed the current trend now and it shall only continue to be so. In this re-architecture of the web, cards enable the user to create a personalized space with individual content. With internet gradually shifting from computers to tablets, from laptops to the mobile phone, the card based design has become a great design pattern. Already the big guns like Twitter and Google have made the move to cards. The Google Search has become more personalized with the introduction of Google cards in mobile phones.
In the evolution of the modern civilization, cards have always played an important role in trade, celebrations, funerals and intimate events. Hence there is a psychological impact made by the cards as they enable the user to have an intimate space within the larger scope of the world wide web. In the fast paced pay per click world, cards have become story telling agents and effectively push stories quickly. The success story of Pininterest highlights the impact of the card based design. 2016 shall just see more of it as more websites take the baton and move to cards.
So, say hello to more information in less time.
|What stays?- Card Design
– Personalized content
Brands do no longer work if they haven’t yet embraced the digital revolution. Brand retention value has been transfigured and digitized. 2016 sees the same trend as it reaches its culmination point and more brands take the plunge into digitizing themselves.
According to Aberdeen research, a 336% quicker conversion rate of vistor to buyer year over year has been achieved by companies that use mobile touch points. The customer lifetime value also increases by 4.8% v/s the 0.3 % for those who do not acknowledge the digitization move.
Digital first branding enables users to interact with brands which adds value to the relationship between a customer and a brand. The rules of branding have definitely changed and web development shall have to appreciate the same and adapt. A swipe to new information is now deemed more personal and interactive than a static piece of information. New advances in UI design shall be accompanied with enhanced interactive tools. Be ready for the micro-experience.
|What stays?- Interactive UI design
– Flexible branding options
|What Goes?- Fixed rules of brand creation
– Brand identity
It is a historic moment to quote that open data has become a reality. According to a report in the “The Guardian”, open data has entered digital policy packages and transparency initiatives across the developed countries. There are still setbacks to the same but open data has a bright future. In predicting upcoming trends in web development, 2016 open data ranks as one of the pioneers that shall redeem its true value and importance. It’s been 5 years since the first pan global meet on open data took place in Warsaw and now it is here to stay to offer public service and value.
Responsive Design Evolved
This has already reached its culmination point and yet it shall keep continuing being the industry standard. With new inventions coming up and newer platforms being accessed for the web, responsive design is a pre-requisite for every website. The focus area in responsive design has been navigation. The input method is expected to go through a change in the 2016. Audio input already exists in the form of Siri and hence with the rise of wearables like the Apple Watch, even other sensory inputs shall be involved. From screen agnosticism we shall gradually move to screen independence.
With the almost flat design approach to the web, a flash of colors to add depth and visual appeal will be the trend. Websites will become more vibrant with various interesting color schemes. Look forward to vibrant headers and quirky illustrations painted in a flat backdrop with a range of colors.
What’s hot in 2016 might not be in 2017. Till then, let’s hope the predictions roll for good as web development ages by another year. The future of web development can be safely translated as a trend of an interactive user experience.
Enterprises have now understood the potential in the cloud. The cloud that serves the business with more self service ability and elasticity is now on high demand. As enterprises successfully make the transition and move their applications and services to the cloud, they are still left with a bigger issue which they cannot neglect – these enterprises haven’t been shifted their mission critical applications to the cloud. These applications for most of the enterprises are still pocketed in their own data center hosted by their servers. Hence as a reality check it hasn’t been possible for harnessing the cloud advantage to its full extent.
Where do Enterprises Go Wrong?
Is is important for enterprises to fix this issue and complete the transition. It has to be understood also that it is not a simple job to move these mission critical applications. Security is the highest concern. It also involves the availability of the technology to support these apps. Since the cloud is still going through its maturing phase, there’s scepticism as well as complexity involved in making the shift. This has created a gap in strategy between the critical apps and the non critical apps.
However, this too shall pass. New innovations in cloud technology to meet the demands of the mission critical apps are already around. With time, a more mature and stable phase of cloud shall emerge which will make it more convenient for enterprises to move their critical apps to the cloud. Then the benefits of cost, efficiency and agility will come a full circle and not be limited to non critical apps.
Let’s try to understand as to how enterprises can make the complete transition before their competitors start making benefits out of the same. The approach to cloud services definitely needs to shift from infrastructure to application-centric(SAAS Application Development). Lets outline the 3 steps involved in reaching out to our goal:
Identify a new route to availability
High availability is the first key and is absolutely non-negotiable. But then if we look at the recent Microsoft’s Azure cloud service outage, we can see for ourselves the downside of high availability. If you think that spotty availability is the only obstacle, then you are wrong.
- It’s therefore important to chart new route to availability rather than looking at it as a one way street.
- The orthodox hardware based infrastructure centric approach doesn’t match with the fluid dynamics of the cloud environment.
- The application centric approach comes into use now when we approach availability with the concept of software defined availability. Recovery becomes much more simplified via this approach.
This minimizes the risk involved in moving the critical apps to the cloud and doesn’t require any re-engineering. Also it is a time and cost effective approach. This simplifies most of the complexity involved in the transition.
Strengthen the orchestration abilities
Orchestrating the cloud resources is the next step for a successful transition. Exact pocketing of data where it needs to be(the right time, the right place aphorism) is taken care by strong orchestration capabilities. Its noteworthy to point out that critical applications do not have a static requirement. They are also fluid in nature and do not remain mission critical at every point of the timeline.
For example in a Christmas season, a payment processing application becomes critical and during the start of every month, financial services in the form of salary transactions become critical. Hence scalability needs to be incorporated according to the need and time.
- A dynamic application configuration approach will also reduce the need for rewriting applications.
- Dynamic orchestration in the cloud enables deployment of an application only when that degree of maximum availability is required.
- Without any interruption of any services, this saves money and effectively manages the computing resources.
Tapping open source technologies
Open source definitely cuts down on costs. Proprietary technology always bring along with it expensive licenses, fees and miscellaneous expenses.
- Tapping open source technologies like Linux, Kernel-based Virtual Machine, OpenStack can drastically change the ball game and make cloud services more profitable than they otherwise were.
- These technologies also provide the enterprise with software defined availability and allow strong orchestration.
Open source technology is here to stay and is only bound to grow. Hence harnessing the power at the earliest would be a wise business policy.
To be a step ahead in the race for cloud applications, the critical apps need to be immediately moved to the cloud. It is indeed a complex and a risky affair but then with the right kind of approach the risks can be minimized. Before the competitors fasten their belts, enterprises need to make the move and look forward to having a successful transition to the cloud. With cloud getting into its mature stage, the prospects only look brighter. The traditional methods of hosting applications need to be given up for good and cloud needs to be embraced in the most effective way possible. The leap to the cloud is easy if done the right way.
Remember to tickmark the following before making that move:
|1. Application centric approach
|2. Software defined availability
|3. Develop strong orchestration abilities
|4. Open Source
How does an organization manage its resources? We’ve seen organizations fumbling at the basic points. The common mistake is to aim bigger when you’re not prepared for it. You cannot fight Goliath without being prepared. Your organizational strategy needs to be different and needs to be tailored to what you need.
In a competitive scenario, you will need to be prepared to fight the basics. For instance, you will need to have to decide between outsourcing projects versus choosing the seemingly more reliable option of staff augmentation. Here is a look at what a normal IT Consulting firm has to take care for instance.
For them, staff training is important, as well as the question of security. Staff augmentation can take care of both these incidents but it might not be able to solve network or software issues that the in-house team cannot handle. For that, they might need to outsource the projects.
What is Staff Augmentation?
Staff augmentation can be a great way to reduce costs and improve operational efficiencies. If you’re looking to expand strategically and are looking for more human resource, staff augmentation is the way to go. Staff augmentation refers to where can add in staff to your organization as you want. Staff augmentation refers to adding in staff as per the needs of the company. You do not permanently hire the employees so you can scale up and down as needed, offering you the flexibility to manage important projects and needs as well as avoiding the liabilities of hiring full time employees. After the work is complete, the staff will no longer need to be paid by the employer.
What is Project Outsourcing?
Suppose you’ve a specific task that needs to be done. You might not have the staff expertise to do it. This can put you in a dilemma. What do you do to ensure that you’re right on track with the project? Project outsourcing helps outsource specific tasks and resources with other people or agencies. Sometimes, project outsourcing can even take the shape of staff augmentation, but in a different way. Let’s say you outsource the work to Company B, which uses staff augmentation in its own workplace to complete it.
The wrong strategy can have an effect on employee morale. For one, the wrong HR strategy made an employee vent his frustration on the company, equating employees with staff augmentation. A recent survey stated that the outsourcing market in the U.K. is expected to grow, with service providers meeting expectations more often than not. The survey, carried out by Whitelane Research in collaboration with PA Consulting Group, had 69% of respondents stating that they will increase the amount of IT services that they get from their service providers.
So, which one’s the better option?
That’s the billion-dollar question. It’s like asking, should I prefer a Chocolate or a Strawberry cake. You need a strategy that can help you complete your projects on time and within budget.
Let’s talk about investing in project outsourcing while not compromising on staff augmentation. Here is a table for what works for both and where they lack in.
||Great for having control over staff and ensuring quality and confidentiality. Everything remains within the organization.
||Great for doing specific tasks that require to be completed asap but there might be a need of confidential information sharing – which can go wrong at times.
||Requires staff expertise which means that you will have to invest in training staff.
||Can directly go for assigning tasks and not worry about training and other related costs.
||Greater integration with internal processes and understanding company culture, helping offer better products. Management overhead costs can increase though.
||Can make use of the best practices without being hindered by organizational bottlenecks. The ignorance of the company culture can also be a downside. Management overhead costs can be eliminated.
||Great for handling rapidly changing staff needs and improving internal skill development. However, staff can get to know the in-house working methodologies without being a permanent employee.
||Extremely easy when it comes to scalability. Keeps the focus on the business and helps in procuring the right talent for the right needs, without wasting time with training staff for project needs that only rise periodically.
||Less employer burdens as staff can be scaled up and down as needed to meet project deadlines without worrying about normal employee liabilities.
||Significantly reduces the cost burden as you only pay for the work. Great for one-off or periodic tasks but not that right a choice if the work required is a regular one.
||Great if you’ve a long term project and are looking to hire staff specific to that project.
||Better suited for strict deadlines that are urgent as it can take time to build staff and train them.
||Larger projects and smaller projects can both be looked after with staff augmentation
||Great value if you will need some expertise in larger value projects and can outsource part of the tasks that your team is not experienced in.
PHP web development has always been a complex and time consuming task. But not anymore!
This is all thanks to high-end PHP frameworks.
Agile application development is now not only easy, but it is also faster.
These high-end PHP frameworks come to your rescue when time is a big issue and you want to implement those high-end functionalities in your application in the least possible time.
Image credit: Flickr
This is thus the time that you need to look at popular PHP frameworks.
Without any delay, let us take a look at the top PHP frameworks that would help you develop agile and secure applications.
Packed with a lot of interesting features, a tempting engine and other development related stuff, Laravel provides your application with a reliable and tested environment.
Painless routing, a robust library and powerful ORM along with simple authentication are some of the features that make Laravel the first choice for developers.
- Allows you to easily manage third-party packages with its tool composer.
- Has an easy to comprehend syntax.
- Eliminates testing hassles with its built-in unit testing.
- Allows you to manage client and server routes through Restful routing.
- Provides you with the flexibility to craft enthusiasts’ small businesses into big enterprise applications all in one go!
Named as one of the fastest PHP frameworks that the industry has ever witnessed, Phalcon provides you with an array of features.
They include asset management, security and translations, which make it one of the most preferred MVC frameworks boosted by PHP.
Consider Phalcon to develop micro application and high-end MVC applications with multi modules.
- Easy to grasp and learn.
- More cost effective than other frameworks.
- Allows you to use selected objects or a whole framework due to its loosely coupled nature.
- Has a powerful design.
- Has neat API.
- Allows you to easily create software through the direct injection feature of Phalcon.
Symfony 2 is another PHP framework that you can choose to build websites and web applications. Witnessing 1,000,000 downloads till date; Symfony is currently backed up by an amazing support of 300,000 developers.
- Allows easy configuration with event dispatcher and dependency injectors.
- Allows for easy customisation as per your needs.
- Allows you to deploy a micro framework and there is thus no need to deal with the entire framework.
- Is highly extensible.
- Validate roles easily and helps you boost productivity.
Yii is another high-performance framework. The beauty of this framework lies in its features that allow you to focus on the code while all the messy work can be managed behind the scenes.
Although many tasks in Yii are automated, you might still have to dig through the framework a bit more to know it inside out.
- Is equipped with a powerful caching system for loading the web applications quickly.
- Integrates with third-party codes easily. And, guess what, the codes from the Zend and Pear frameworks can also be used in the Yii web application.
- Is a highly secured framework. It boosts some advanced security measures, such as injection attacks, cross-site scripting and input validation.
- Has RBAC-based built-in authentication support.
- Is highly compatible with Ajax and jQuery which allows you to create highly scalable and versatile UIs.
- Can easily be integrated with both relational and non-relational databases.
Zend is the preferred PHP framework if you want to build a high performing web application. Packed with secure coding tools, the Zend framework showcases various important features, such as extensibility and modularity.
- Has highly deployable API-centric applications.
- Follows an agile design methodology.
- Has a drag-and-drop editor.
- Has instant debugging.
- Includes PHP unit testing tools.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a PHP Framework
What do you expect from the framework?
Even though familiarity is an important element when choosing a framework, functionality should also be considered.
This is because a CMS might not be suitable for an eCommerce application. You must thus first relax and analyse your requirements. Only thereafter can you proceed to compare the myriad of options that are available to you.
What about the documentation?
Always choose and go for a framework that comes with a lot of documentation and training. You never know when you might need it!
No matter how much expertise you have in a framework, it always appears to be hazy six months down the line. Under such circumstances, documentation comes to the rescue.
Does the framework have an active user base and is it actively being developed?
Writing code that is not perfectly coupled with your chosen framework is time consuming.
At that time, you are left with only two choices: Stay with the framework and continue to do its maintenance all by yourself or simply do the coding again with a new framework.
Neither choice is favourable nor should you thus always take a look at the framework’s community and active user base before you settle on one.
Still puzzled about which one to choose for PHP web development? This table might help!
So, which framework do you plan to choose for PHP development?