Are you having an incredible app idea in your mind? But what to do next? There are many questions to be answered before going further into the app development process.
Coming up with an app idea might be tricky, but figuring out what to do next is the hardest part.
In this competitive world, you need to consider every step required to reach your end-customers and at the same time fulfilling their requirements.
Let’s discuss how a mind-blowing idea can transform into a promising project. In this article, we are going to discuss how to sell your idea (market your app) so that it benefits you with a good amount.
Here are some points to be clarified before doing mobile app development:
- What will your applications do? So, here you need to be clear about the functionalities and services your app is going to deliver to the end-users. Say, Whatsapp provides communication between users, and Instagram allows creating posts based on images.
- How will your application look? Here we talk about the interface (UI/UX) of the application. You should be clear what you want to showcase to the end-users so that they can visit your app regularly.
- What is your target audience? Be clear about your targeted audience? What kind of personas are going to visit your app?
The detailed answers to these questions will help you cultivate your ideas into a concrete plan.
App Annie forecasts that the app industry is estimated to hit 6 billion dollars by the year 2022
Let’s dive into what to do next…
A prototype of your app idea
The accumulated data help you proceed in the next stage that is making a prototype of your basic idea.
The conceptual prototype consists of future app screens that should be created in the early stages of product development. It’s required for more accurate visualization of great ideas for mobile apps.
The animated prototype makes the UI/UX designer think over and carefully visualizes the process of the program of interaction with the user.
All in all, prototyping is multifaceted and required at the very first stage of generating Android and iphone app ideas. The prototypes serve different goals but at the end serve the common purpose that is to improve the success of your app idea.
Considering business aspects
Prototype creation is not enough. The next step is to consider business aspects that affect the mobile app profit margins in the market. So, for this here are few points to be considered first.
- Evaluation of the time and cost of developing the first version of the application
- Assessment of the time and cost of implementation of the stable app version.
- Ways to promote your mobile application
- Financial plan and estimation of the time required to return the investments
The business plan is all set up, it’s time to search for investors. Let’s see how we find investments in the next step.
The reason behind some people cannot bring their great app ideas into the picture is the lack of funds. Hire mobile app developers, testers, deploying an application and promoting is expensive. In this case, collecting a necessary development budget can be a difficult task.
For investing, you can choose among the various options i.e. Personal savings, on credit, search investors in the market, look out for a partner if anyone interested in your project, collect funds through contests and search for crowdfunding platforms( Kickstarter, Boomstarter, Zidisha, Indiegogo)
Think about marketing
The promotion of a new product in the rapidly growing market is extremely necessary, as the world is full of competitors. Many successful apps are dominating the market right now.
Different ways to launch your app are:
Pre-marketing-it is to start an advertisement launch with the start of application development.
Launching an advertising- landing page showcasing all the unique offers, benefits, and call to action can be helpful.
SEO Traffic and Paid ads-helps you increase app recognition and help you to attract the target audience and stay at the top.
Social Networks- helps share your app on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other networks.
Build an MVP
If you want a smarter app and faster results, start developing an MVP model.
MVP approach permits you to develop an affordable model of the app and analyzes the end-user responses. MVP model is a good option to save your money and time and also customer feedback time-to-time.
MVP model facilitates you to do simultaneous changes by analysing users feedback. It helps you to understand what your end-users want in your app and also the loop holes required to rectify in the app.
Measuring success with mobile app metrics
Now it’s time to measure your success with mobile app metrics. Before that, let’s see how mobile applications work:
People download apps-
If people like it, they start using it from time-to-time and if they don’t they immediately delete it.
But if people truly like the application, he becomes an active and loyal user and also contributes to the program monetization.
Performance metrics like User engagement, user retention, user activity rates are to be considered for evaluating user’s responses.
That’s all about mobile app performance metrics.
Your app idea can be a big hit if the process of mobile app development can be done in the right direction. For making a wonderful app you need to be patient enough to understand user requirements and their behaviour. Competitors in the market are set to compete with your idea. There is a big space available for you in the market for proving your capability of doing things the best way, all you need is just a great idea.
Classic Informatics helps you in transforming great app ideas into high-quality apps. Just send us your requirements and get ready for the miracle to happen.
In 2018, the software outsourcing industry has earned around $62 billion and became the giant business worldwide. Big brands like Alibaba, Whatsapp, and Slack have leveraged the benefits of outsourcing development initially to reach the zenith of success.
Software outsourcing has the potential to enhance business efficiency and growth. It reduces development time and cost if it is done in the right direction and too with the reliable outsourcing provider.
To resist in this competitive world, startups are turning towards software outsourcing development to get immediate growth and success.
Due to the tremendous growth in technologies and innovations, software outsourcing development is highly in demand.
Also read: Agile software development outsourcing for startups : Things you need to know
Common pitfalls in outsourcing software development:
- Improper communication
Proper and fluent communication is the prime aspect when working with remote developers. Some companies loose projects due to improper communication between teams. To overcome this critical issue, you need to synchronise between different time zones, languages, and cultural conventions.
Establishing and maintaining regular channels of communication with the offshore teams is considered vital when it comes to software success.
- Ignoring Market trends
One of the best practise that can make your business successful is keeping yourself well up-to-date about the latest technologies dominating the market. This will help the developers to face critical challenges arise during software development.
Ignoring the latest tech trends signifies you are not using the latest solutions while making software products. If an outsourced company pays no attention to the latest market trends, then it will definitely lead to the origin of critical problems.
- Fail to understand requirements and scope
Some startup owners outsource their software development projects without knowing any details about its requirements, technical specifications and scope.
It is an obvious thing that if you don’t have a clear idea about the type of software you are planning to develop then, in that case, it is difficult for the outsourced company to evaluate whether they the development is going in the right direction or not.
The solution to overcome with this problem is that during outsourcing software development, both the parties should agree on what would be the final product to be delivered and how has to be delivered along with the timeframe. This quality is a good sign of an experienced IT outsourcing partner.
Lack of communication about software requirements will create misunderstandings between the two parties. So, it’s better to discuss the milestones and the chain of approvals prior to the collaboration.
- Unreasonable timeline
To develop a software product in an effective way needs a flexible timeline to encounter bugs and other development solutions. If startup owners do not set the proper timeframe for the software development process with its outsourced partner, then it is quite difficult to achieve positive results.
Timeline in software development should not be compromised as it badly affects the quality of the software developed that too by skilled developers. Instead, work with developers on a flexible time frame that provides them relaxation in working software development cycle.
- Underestimating the project cost
It is quite a common practise when outsourcing that many companies pick the less costly options available when comes to outsourcing software development. But, is it really worthy?
How can you get the best software and hire highly skilled developers at a less cost? The outsourcing companies should understand that lower rates don’t give you the required results.
If you want to hire a certain level of expertise to build a top-notch product, then have to keep your cost constraint aside.
It’s all up to you to balance the quality of work with the cost, instead of just looking at the cost of development.
Also read: Untold Stories of Successful Software Outsourcing You Can’t Miss!
With the increasing popularity of outsourcing every single day, it is going to conquer the entire software development industry in the coming years. To transform your startup business into a dominating market brand, then try to avoid the above-mentioned mistakes.
For startups outsourcing software development is a smart move to play. It provides you with a cost-effective and full-fledged solution that helps the company stay competitive in this fast running digital world.
A good web development company works dedicatedly with emerging startups and provide them with the best outsourcing software development solutions to make their business a successful one.
An API or Application Programming Interface, which is a cutting-edge discovery in this fast-paced tech-savvy world facilitates the smooth running of e-commerce functionalities. API works as a software mediator or a communicative interface between two applications. It can be called a convenient digital walkie talkie as well.
API development services come in handy to effectively transmit the request from the user to the provider and then to record the response for the purpose of relaying it to the user. You can approach a web development company to get complete assistance and enjoy the benefits of API development.
- APIs can also be labeled as a go-to, super resourceful assistant for the developers as they provide outstanding help in speeding the process of application development.
- API involves a productive technology that renders a complicated nexus of recurrent process reusable with the backing of systematized coding.
- This extendable and flexible storehouse of useful data also aids in user accessibility by easing connectivity among systems which in turn helps in various processes like online shopping or online flight booking.
- In other words, it contributes to establishing a hotline between the airline’s API and the online travel service or website chosen by the user which in turn guides all the procedures involved starting from seat selection to booking and payment.
Protective measures that must be implemented to avoid failing at API stage:
- In order to ensure a long term and successful performance of your web or mobile application, a foolproof and strategic methodology of API development is absolutely indispensable as a safety net to avoid putting stability in jeopardy.
- This should include enhancing and the maintainability of the automation framework by reinforcing the core strength. This can be achieved using resources like application updates of the company, new features, Ul uplifts, and the unrivaled knowledgebase/skillsets of the experienced creators of the system. This will ensure more lucrative results without a lumpsum investment.
- The API support team must also be brought on board to up the security along with the inclusion of multiple server environments.
- The blueprint for the manufacture of a cost-effective and hassle-free API constitution must involve a clarified understanding of business objectives and demands of the prospective users which must be in tandem with the automation of mobile app testing and deployment.
- The use of standardized conventions will fortify potent profitability as the developers will take the time and effort beforehand to get to the heart of the problem. This will involve chalking out the symbiotic interrelations between the database entities which constitute the anatomy of APIs.
- The addition of virtual APIs to your web development to the test regime can help in the smooth successful operation and it also prepares you to cope with the problem of failing APIs. For example, by giving the users options of a longer wait period and trying out again later in case of repeated failures with the assurance that all the useful data has been cached in temporary storage for future retrieval.
- To doubly assure the reliable performance of APIs without arbitrary glitches, the use of the consistent format of error responses and the appropriate HTTP status codes is mandatory.
- The clients, namely the business investors, will be encouraged to invest as there will be no scope for a shoddy design to incur losses by hindering the developmental progress of a project which will also go on to mitigate the extra stress of troubleshooting procedures.
Why do APIs fail:
- Non-updated APIs, due to their non-compatibility with the current version of the program, will interrupt the seamless operation of the application which will further lead to faulty outsourcing of data with disagreeable configurations. Even the incorporation of backward compatibility fails to combat this problem in some cases.
- The erratic transfer of control from a group of experienced consultants/full-time mobile app developers to junior engineers can thwart the longevity of quality assurance promise by putting the health of API at risk which in turn runs the unavoidable risk of inconveniencing the consumers.
- Lack of accountability, responsibility, understanding of the consumer’s feedbacks/needs in relation to the specified tangible product after thorough market research and a watertight navigation manual to construct a crackerjack infrastructure. This can only be made possible by the presence of a tightly knit work efficient group under the expert leadership, training, mentoring and code reviewing program executed by an experienced leader. These leaders need to prudentially enforce all the necessary actions needed to anticipate and tactfully tackle the aberration of the system healthy.
- An API can also start to malfunction when the data connection has incongruent formatting both in terms of the API and the other program. The damage can further be aggravated if the other program fails to generate an error code which does not give any leeway to diagnose and redress the problem. This is why validation of data, strict filtering out of useless junks and a persuasive checking for type and formatting slip-ups is extremely essential.
- A sudden problem can be encountered in the running of the communication portal which is usually contingent upon a matrix of cloud-based servers due to timeouts or clogged traffic caused by too many requests. Immaculate redirection might not always be present as a savior to promptly lead you to an alternative address. Problems with security certificates or other credentials and DDoS attacks can lead to a non-responsive API which in turn can hijack the proper functioning of application programs.
How To Find Success In API Stage
In order to present a detailed and comprehensive overview of API development company or services, here’s a list of some salient points which will enable the readers to have a quick rundown on the essential features of API:
- APIs have been a pioneering invention in recent times which have been specially designed to further boost up the administration of business in smart tech and sleekly digitized world.
- It is inconceivable to function without accessing the well-developed mobile apps, which has made life simpler by catering to various mundane needs like ordering food or booking flight tickets and APIs serve as the fundamental components for their efficacious operation.
- Although there can be chances of courting technical impediments, they can be successfully avoided or minimized by undertaking certain precautionary mechanisms to curb the loopholes in the automation framework and earn the thriving rewards of consumer satisfaction.
API integration can enable you to make two of your applications interact and share data for better client-side app development. It acts as the intermediary between two apps, takes the data, interprets it, and sends it to the other app. By having a fail-proof API stage, you can ensure your application runs smoothly, is modern and fully secure from all the bugs online.