In 2018, the software outsourcing industry has earned around $62 billion and became the giant business worldwide. Big brands like Alibaba, Whatsapp, and Slack have leveraged the benefits of outsourcing development initially to reach the zenith of success.
Software outsourcing has the potential to enhance business efficiency and growth. It reduces development time and cost if it is done in the right direction and too with the reliable outsourcing provider.
To resist in this competitive world, startups are turning towards software outsourcing development to get immediate growth and success.
Due to the tremendous growth in technologies and innovations, software outsourcing development is highly in demand.
Also read: Agile software development outsourcing for startups : Things you need to know
Common pitfalls in outsourcing software development:
- Improper communication
Proper and fluent communication is the prime aspect when working with remote developers. Some companies loose projects due to improper communication between teams. To overcome this critical issue, you need to synchronise between different time zones, languages, and cultural conventions.
Establishing and maintaining regular channels of communication with the offshore teams is considered vital when it comes to software success.
- Ignoring Market trends
One of the best practise that can make your business successful is keeping yourself well up-to-date about the latest technologies dominating the market. This will help the developers to face critical challenges arise during software development.
Ignoring the latest tech trends signifies you are not using the latest solutions while making software products. If an outsourced company pays no attention to the latest market trends, then it will definitely lead to the origin of critical problems.
- Fail to understand requirements and scope
Some startup owners outsource their software development projects without knowing any details about its requirements, technical specifications and scope.
It is an obvious thing that if you don’t have a clear idea about the type of software you are planning to develop then, in that case, it is difficult for the outsourced company to evaluate whether they the development is going in the right direction or not.
The solution to overcome with this problem is that during outsourcing software development, both the parties should agree on what would be the final product to be delivered and how has to be delivered along with the timeframe. This quality is a good sign of an experienced IT outsourcing partner.
Lack of communication about software requirements will create misunderstandings between the two parties. So, it’s better to discuss the milestones and the chain of approvals prior to the collaboration.
- Unreasonable timeline
To develop a software product in an effective way needs a flexible timeline to encounter bugs and other development solutions. If startup owners do not set the proper timeframe for the software development process with its outsourced partner, then it is quite difficult to achieve positive results.
Timeline in software development should not be compromised as it badly affects the quality of the software developed that too by skilled developers. Instead, work with developers on a flexible time frame that provides them relaxation in working software development cycle.
- Underestimating the project cost
It is quite a common practise when outsourcing that many companies pick the less costly options available when comes to outsourcing software development. But, is it really worthy?
How can you get the best software and hire highly skilled developers at a less cost? The outsourcing companies should understand that lower rates don’t give you the required results.
If you want to hire a certain level of expertise to build a top-notch product, then have to keep your cost constraint aside.
It’s all up to you to balance the quality of work with the cost, instead of just looking at the cost of development.
Also read: Untold Stories of Successful Software Outsourcing You Can’t Miss!
With the increasing popularity of outsourcing every single day, it is going to conquer the entire software development industry in the coming years. To transform your startup business into a dominating market brand, then try to avoid the above-mentioned mistakes.
For startups outsourcing software development is a smart move to play. It provides you with a cost-effective and full-fledged solution that helps the company stay competitive in this fast running digital world.
A good web development company works dedicatedly with emerging startups and provide them with the best outsourcing software development solutions to make their business a successful one.
An API or Application Programming Interface, which is a cutting-edge discovery in this fast-paced tech-savvy world facilitates the smooth running of e-commerce functionalities. API works as a software mediator or a communicative interface between two applications. It can be called a convenient digital walkie talkie as well.
API development services come in handy to effectively transmit the request from the user to the provider and then to record the response for the purpose of relaying it to the user. You can approach a web development company to get complete assistance and enjoy the benefits of API development.
- APIs can also be labeled as a go-to, super resourceful assistant for the developers as they provide outstanding help in speeding the process of application development.
- API involves a productive technology that renders a complicated nexus of recurrent process reusable with the backing of systematized coding.
- This extendable and flexible storehouse of useful data also aids in user accessibility by easing connectivity among systems which in turn helps in various processes like online shopping or online flight booking.
- In other words, it contributes to establishing a hotline between the airline’s API and the online travel service or website chosen by the user which in turn guides all the procedures involved starting from seat selection to booking and payment.
Protective measures that must be implemented to avoid failing at API stage:
- In order to ensure a long term and successful performance of your web or mobile application, a foolproof and strategic methodology of API development is absolutely indispensable as a safety net to avoid putting stability in jeopardy.
- This should include enhancing and the maintainability of the automation framework by reinforcing the core strength. This can be achieved using resources like application updates of the company, new features, Ul uplifts, and the unrivaled knowledgebase/skillsets of the experienced creators of the system. This will ensure more lucrative results without a lumpsum investment.
- The API support team must also be brought on board to up the security along with the inclusion of multiple server environments.
- The blueprint for the manufacture of a cost-effective and hassle-free API constitution must involve a clarified understanding of business objectives and demands of the prospective users which must be in tandem with the automation of mobile app testing and deployment.
- The use of standardized conventions will fortify potent profitability as the developers will take the time and effort beforehand to get to the heart of the problem. This will involve chalking out the symbiotic interrelations between the database entities which constitute the anatomy of APIs.
- The addition of virtual APIs to your web development to the test regime can help in the smooth successful operation and it also prepares you to cope with the problem of failing APIs. For example, by giving the users options of a longer wait period and trying out again later in case of repeated failures with the assurance that all the useful data has been cached in temporary storage for future retrieval.
- To doubly assure the reliable performance of APIs without arbitrary glitches, the use of the consistent format of error responses and the appropriate HTTP status codes is mandatory.
- The clients, namely the business investors, will be encouraged to invest as there will be no scope for a shoddy design to incur losses by hindering the developmental progress of a project which will also go on to mitigate the extra stress of troubleshooting procedures.
Why do APIs fail:
- Non-updated APIs, due to their non-compatibility with the current version of the program, will interrupt the seamless operation of the application which will further lead to faulty outsourcing of data with disagreeable configurations. Even the incorporation of backward compatibility fails to combat this problem in some cases.
- The erratic transfer of control from a group of experienced consultants/full-time mobile app developers to junior engineers can thwart the longevity of quality assurance promise by putting the health of API at risk which in turn runs the unavoidable risk of inconveniencing the consumers.
- Lack of accountability, responsibility, understanding of the consumer’s feedbacks/needs in relation to the specified tangible product after thorough market research and a watertight navigation manual to construct a crackerjack infrastructure. This can only be made possible by the presence of a tightly knit work efficient group under the expert leadership, training, mentoring and code reviewing program executed by an experienced leader. These leaders need to prudentially enforce all the necessary actions needed to anticipate and tactfully tackle the aberration of the system healthy.
- An API can also start to malfunction when the data connection has incongruent formatting both in terms of the API and the other program. The damage can further be aggravated if the other program fails to generate an error code which does not give any leeway to diagnose and redress the problem. This is why validation of data, strict filtering out of useless junks and a persuasive checking for type and formatting slip-ups is extremely essential.
- A sudden problem can be encountered in the running of the communication portal which is usually contingent upon a matrix of cloud-based servers due to timeouts or clogged traffic caused by too many requests. Immaculate redirection might not always be present as a savior to promptly lead you to an alternative address. Problems with security certificates or other credentials and DDoS attacks can lead to a non-responsive API which in turn can hijack the proper functioning of application programs.
How To Find Success In API Stage
In order to present a detailed and comprehensive overview of API development company or services, here’s a list of some salient points which will enable the readers to have a quick rundown on the essential features of API:
- APIs have been a pioneering invention in recent times which have been specially designed to further boost up the administration of business in smart tech and sleekly digitized world.
- It is inconceivable to function without accessing the well-developed mobile apps, which has made life simpler by catering to various mundane needs like ordering food or booking flight tickets and APIs serve as the fundamental components for their efficacious operation.
- Although there can be chances of courting technical impediments, they can be successfully avoided or minimized by undertaking certain precautionary mechanisms to curb the loopholes in the automation framework and earn the thriving rewards of consumer satisfaction.
API integration can enable you to make two of your applications interact and share data for better client-side app development. It acts as the intermediary between two apps, takes the data, interprets it, and sends it to the other app. By having a fail-proof API stage, you can ensure your application runs smoothly, is modern and fully secure from all the bugs online.